Sunday, May 1, 2011

A New Beginning...

In seven days I will be standing on Italian soil.  I can hardly believe the thoughts in my head.  I will live in a little hotel owned by two Italian brothers in the heart of Florence, Italy.  I am one of thirty IU students taking classes May 8th- June 17th, studying Italian I and the history of Florence in the Renaissance.  June 17th-27th is a time set aside for traveling with my mother. Thoughts and emotions flood my mind and heart as I prepare to leave.  I struggle to study for finals, finish my CA tasks, and continue to pack when all I truly desire to do is open my books about Europe and begin to plan my journey!

I am trembling with anticipation, praying for wisdom and focus.  I am also grateful that God has blessed me with this opportunity to create and experience (to be and see) Love in this world beyond America.

I am so thankful for my friends and family with the constant support you have shown me. This blog is intended to share my eyes and heart with yours.

My beautiful friend Vicki at a going away party she hosted for me (4.23.11)


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment