Saturday, June 4, 2011

Time to Reflect...












I can hardly believe almost a month has passed since coming to Firenze.  I've had the opportunity to travel to Rome, Pisa, Viareggio, Assisi, Siena, San Gimignano, and Vallombrosa.  Weather permitting, tomorrow I will go bike riding in Lucca- home to the great Puccini!  The other night I got to see The Marriage of Figaro at the opera in Firenze, and I am anxious to see the performance of the Barber of Seville next week! I've been to mass at the Vatican, saw the Pope speak, held up the leaning tower of Pisa with  my bare hands, been to countless museums and churches, sat amidst ruins, experienced live music at roman style library with a tap for coke and moretti (haha), hiked for hours in the beautiful countryside, and have told myself I AM an educated woman and CAN flush a toilet every time I step into a different bathroom!  Enjoy your weekend, I'm off to the market for lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment